Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thankful Grace

As I said in my profile, I enjoy writing poetry. I am only now learning the different types of poetry such as a sonnet. I am currently going through a book titled: The Roar On The Other Side by Suzanne U. Rhodes.
Here is a poem that I wrote in 11/08. Please let me know what you think! I would love to get your comments!


Thankful Grace (Can be sung to “Amazing Grace”)

Oh awesome love how sweet the sound
That by God’s grace I see!
Though once was I, so full of sin
By grace, I soon am free!
In darkness yea and through the night
A star I see, that shines!
And from thy loving care to me
I call thy Father mine.
Hold thee, my hand in toil and sin
And show me where to go
I know that though the hardships fall
You’re here and that I know!
I thank-you God for all these gifts
And blessings that I see!
Twas by You Lord that I am saved,
And it’s by you I’m free!

No comments: