Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

As Thou Goest, Step by Step, I Will Open Up the Way Before Thee Proverbs 4:12

 

From the notebook of Arthur E. Ritchie

Child of my love, fear not the unknown morrow,
Dread not the new demand life makes of thee;
Thy ignorance doth hold no cause for sorrow
Since what thou knowest not is known of Me.

Thou canst not see the hidden meaning
Of my command, but thou the light shall gain;
Walk on in faith, upon My promise leaning,
And AS THOU GOEST, all shall be made plain.


One step thou seest -- then go forward boldly,
One step is far enough for faith to see;
Take that, and thy next duty shall be told thee,
For STEP BY STEP thy Lord is leading thee.

Stand not in fear thy adversaries counting,
Dare every peril, save to disobey;
Thou shalt march on, all obstacles surmounting,
For I the Strong, WILL OPEN UP THE WAY.

Wherefore go gladly to the task assigned thee,
Having my promise, needing nothing more
Than just to know, wher'er the future find thee,
In all thy journeying I go BEFORE.



2 comments:

Jenna said...

Beautiful poem, Kelsey! Thank you for sharing. I also love the picture of the sunset!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Leah said...

How lovely! Thank you sharing the pretty poem.

That sunset is really beautiful!

Blessings,

Leah