Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some Photography on a Spring Day and a Poem



I thought I'd have some fun with the camera today and take some pictures using different angles. (When I looked around outside I didn't see many obvious pictures so I tried to be creative!) :)  I hope you enjoy looking at them.








 









































And now, here are some photo's I took of some wildflowers the twins (Micah and Mykaela) brought in:

































Below is a poem I wrote for my brother Josh. I wasn't planning on posting it but I will anyways' at one of my family member's request...  :)


Fly


By: Kelsey A. Hoppman
5/19/10

I see you hold fast to home
Your branch on the tree of life-
Now time’s come for you to fly-
Throwing down all weight of strife.


Bearing up the sound of grace
Holding fast to the trait of love
Ready to reach beyond this scope
Look before you and up above.


I now watch the grand take off
High and soaring through the trees
The world is carefully watching
As you gently glide with ease.


Far off in the distance
Something catches your eye-
You're now watching and waiting-
Once more- take off and fly!


I see you fleeing the chains
Of petty youth and free will
Gripping fast to a wisdom
Grabbing hold of joy’s fill.


Although you may be leaving
Testing out your new found wings-
Bring back a stronger foundation
Full of everything life brings.



Stand fast on the tough lesson’s
Gained during life’s long way
Look up to the Creator
For by him you fly this day.


Go full of joy and glory
As you’re rising now-once more-
High above hilltop and tree
Farther now across life’s shore.



Rise up and claim the freedom
Become all your meant to be
Rise up now with steadfast strength -
All the while-on bended knee.



“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;


but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.


They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,


they will walk and not be faint.” -Isaiah 40:30-31
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Jenna said...

Beautiful photographs and poem! :)

Maellen said...

Awesome, Kelsey! You are such a good writer... just like your mom!! What a beautiful sendoff for your brother!
Love Auntie Mae
xoxoxoxo

Bethany said...

Love the pictures! I really like the second picture of the bike, really neat! Oh, and the last pic, wow, beautiful!

That poem is beautifully written Kelsey! Great job.

~Bethany~

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I absolutely love the first pictures of the clothespins on the line. They are exquisite.

You have a talent with photography and with words.

God's blessings to you.
~Rachel~

Unknown said...

I love the photos Kelsey! Very unique! The poem is beautiful too, you're a talented writer. I found your blog from Feminine Farmgirl's, and I love it! Blessings!