Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Since we are getting further into the Fall, and you all might be using the oven more, I thought I would share a favorite recipe of ours. They are very easy to make and so yummy! Another nice bonus is, since we buy alot of fruit, we usually have those few bananas that get really brown. (You know the kind, everyone refuses to eat it and it is being threatened to join the compost?) Don't throw them out! Use them in this recipe. The browner they are the softer the muffins.






Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins





1 cup butter softened (two sticks)



2 cups sugar



4 eggs



1 tsp vanilla



5 ripe bananas (the browner the better!)



2 cups white flour



2 cups wheat flour (you don't have to use half wheat flour, but we like to since it is a bit healthier)



2 tsp. baking powder



1 tsp. salt (I usually add half the amount of salt it calls for. In fact, I do this in most recipes, unless it is something meant to be salty.)



2 cups chocolate chips



3/4 cup chopped walnuts opt. I don't think we ever add these. It's a matter of personal preference. :)


Cream butter and gradually add sugar beating well at Med. Speed. Add eggs one at a timem. Beat after each addition. Stir in bananas. Combine all dry ingredients. (except nuts and chips) Gradually add dry mixture to creamed and blend well. Stir in chips and nuts. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. (may vary depending on climate)



Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen muffins.



I hope you enjoy this as much as we have!



God Bless,




Kelsey

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey...I'll have to try the recipe! I make muffins ALOT...they are so easy and my family REALLY likes 'em. This morning I made pineapple-coconut muffins...mmmmm! We have a recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins in our King Arthur Flour Cookbook(one of my favorite cookbooks:) but I have never made them!
Have a Good Night Kelsey!
~Hannah

Elizabeth J. said...

Kelsey, I just arrived here from the Sisters of Grace blog and wanted to let you know how I came across your blog. I read the muffin recipe that you shared in the above post, I may try it sometime. If you have a moment, feel free to stop by my blogspot (Footprints in the Sand is my main blog.) Have a great day and thanks for reading this comment.

~Elizabeth J.

Hannah said...

Oh I meant to tell you, if you want to make a banana REALLY black (I know that sounds silly:o) just for cooking you can do this...Put the banana(s) un-peeled in the freezer and let them freeze solid. Then take them out of the freezer and place them in a bowl (or something) and let them thaw out again. They should get really black and really banana tasting! Try it!